Dear Valued Member,
On Monday, May 4, 2020 Governor Baker signed an executive order, effective May 6, 2020 which requires face masks/coverings be worn when socially distancing is not able to be adhered to both indoors and outside.
The order states:
- Any person over two must wear a face mask or cloth face covering, in a place open to the public in the Commonwealth, whether indoors or outdoors, and is unable to, or does not maintain a distance of approximately six feet from every other person
- Except a person who is unable to wear a face mask or cloth face covering due to a medical condition or otherwise exempted by DPH Guidance
- DPH will issue further guidance on the use of masks for children between two years and five years of age
- Order applies to all workers and all customers of all businesses and organizations that are open to the public that are permitted to operate as COVID-19 Essential Businesses
- All persons are always required to wear masks or cloth face coverings inside:
- Grocery stores
- Other retail stores
- When providing or using the services of a taxi, car, livery, ride-sharing, or similar service
- When using any means of mass transit, or in an enclosed or semi-enclosed transit stop or waiting area
- If a customer refuses to wear a mask of cloth face covering for non-medical reasons, a business may decline entry to that individual
- The DPH and local boards of health and authorized agents under MGL c. 111, s. 30 are authorized to enforce the Order, and if necessary, may do so with the assistance of local and state police
- Violation of the Order or DPH Guidance may result in a civil fine of up to $300 per violation, in the manner provided for non-criminal disposition of violations of municipal by-law, ordinance, rule, or regulation pursuant to MGL c. 40, s. 21D
This means, beginning Wednesday, May 6, 2020, anyone entering Worcester Credit Union over the age of 2 must wear a mask or cloth face covering to be permitted entry for an in-person lobby appointment.
We would also like to remind you we have several ways to assist you with your financial needs in addition to speaking with us personally at 508-853-9966 or requesting an in-person appointment:
ELECTRONIC BANKING/MOBILE BANKING
You can do your everyday banking 24/7 from any device or carrier with our mobile banking service. Some of the features:
- Mobile check deposit
- Funds transfer
- Online bill pay
- Loan payments
- Fingerprint touch ID
Card Controls, accessible via our mobile banking app menu, will help you monitor your transactions, set alerts, and turn your card on/off at anytime from anywhere.
If you are not already using our Electronic Services Options, we encourage you to call us today 508-853-9966 so we may assist you in obtaining access.
Manage your accounts around-the-clock, from anywhere with our 24-Hour Telephone Teller Service. Simply call 1-888-621-2295 and check account balances, transfer funds or make loan payments. Online and Mobile Banking support is also available 24/7 by calling 1-844-824-9390.
The Drive-up window at 520 West Boylston Street, Worcester, MA 01606 is available and services have been expanded past the normally limited one transaction deposit or withdrawal to accommodate anyone who prefers to limit face to face interaction.
ATMs at 520 West Boylston Street, Worcester, MA 01606 are available 24/7 in addition to more than 55,000 fee free ATMs in our network.
We appreciate your loyalty, understanding, flexibility and adherence to these ever-changing guidelines and new way of doing business as we do our part to keep the safety of our members and employees our top priority while we remain open to service you, our valued members to the best of our abilities. Rest assured knowing we are still here and remain committed to serving you and your financial well-being. As always, your money is safe with us! We are fully insured for every penny you have on deposit with us through the National Credit Union Association (NCUA) and the Massachusetts Credit Union Share Insurance Corporation (MSIC).
Thank you for your patience and cooperation. We value you and remain committed to serving you through these challenging times and beyond.
Lisa A. Perrin